Chalk vs Pecker round update 4/25/2022

Forum for announcements for and discussing Best of USA Marketing's Operation Lion Claws
Lionclaws
lieutenant

Chalk vs Pecker round update 4/25/2022

Post by Lionclaws »

Troops,

There was a recent discussion over Chalk round vs Pecker round and their respective safety. I urged COS, Mr. Polen, to remove Chalk round from LC XXI only later to learned that it was Pecker round, the one that doesn’t shatter upon impact, that I meant to remove. I was hit in the kidney by one of those while riding on a pickup truck as a POW at LC XX (2021) and that was a rather unpleasant experience.

PLEASE note that launching rounds are ANTI-VEHICLE ONLY. Any misusage will result in expulsion from the event. We joke about how “this is why we can’t have nice things” LET’S MINIMIZE the realization of that cliché. So nerf rounds, chalk rounds are legal anti-vehicle round at LC XXI.

Chalk round minimum engagement distance is 50 feet. PLEASE OBSERVE IT or risk being removed from the game. Thank you!

Lionclaws

EODGUY02
soldier

Re: Chalk vs Pecker round update 4/25/2022

Post by EODGUY02 »

Do nerf rockets carry the same 50 foot minimum standoff as well? Nerf doesn't need to be 50-ft away.

kileyhaz
soldier

Re: Chalk vs Pecker round update 4/25/2022

Post by kileyhaz »

EODGUY02 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:51 pm
Do nerf rockets carry the same 50 foot minimum standoff as well? Nerf doesn't need to be 50-ft away.
Short answer is yes, all rockets (be they tag round or nerf round) need a 50 foot "arming" or "standoff" distance.

This is covered in the rules that went out with our WARNORD though it is a little tough to locate since it's under vehicles instead of HWS. I include the relevant entry from page 10 section 7 subsection 7-2(a) as well as the trailing context.

7. VEHICLES

7-1 All vehicles in the AO will fly allegiance flags at all times, or a red flag when not in use.
7-2 ONLY a direct hit from a nerf/chalk–style rocket will disable a vehicle. The first hit
disables the vehicle and forces it to stop. A second hit kills the vehicle. A howitzer round
only needs to land within 10 feet of a vehicle to be considered a hit.
a. The rocket must be launched from an approved launcher
b. For safety reasons the rocket must be fired 50 or more feet away
c. The driver must be aware of the hit (so aim for the front)
d. There is NO OTHER ACCEPTABLE METHOD OF DISABLING A VEHICLE
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"