General questions from new milsim-er

Forum for announcements for and discussing Best of USA Marketing's Operation Lion Claws
ThatStrangeMoon
soldier

General questions from new milsim-er

Post by ThatStrangeMoon »

Hey dudes, i was just wondering on how this game plays out in regards to ammo and a few other things. I played at Operation New horizon this year ( 2017 ) and at that event, there was no restriction on how much ammo you could have as long as it was a midcap magazine or in a SAW. I know at some events, they limit you to around 500 bb's per rifleman, and around 2500 for a SAW, does this event do this as well?

What should be the basic camping gear and equipment i need to sustain myself for the 3 days? (a list would be much appreciated! )

Is there a minimum engagement distance? I've read the rules on when inside buildings, however not sure if those apply to if you are outside.

Thanks in advance for helping a new guy out, cheers!
Callsign-Squid Team- Tactical Squid Inc.

Sprout
soldier

Re: General questions from new milsim-er

Post by Sprout »

ThatStrangeMoon wrote:Hey dudes, i was just wondering on how this game plays out in regards to ammo and a few other things. I played at Operation New horizon this year ( 2017 ) and at that event, there was no restriction on how much ammo you could have as long as it was a midcap magazine or in a SAW. I know at some events, they limit you to around 500 bb's per rifleman, and around 2500 for a SAW, does this event do this as well?

What should be the basic camping gear and equipment i need to sustain myself for the 3 days? (a list would be much appreciated! )

Is there a minimum engagement distance? I've read the rules on when inside buildings, however not sure if those apply to if you are outside.

Thanks in advance for helping a new guy out, cheers!
There are no restrictions as to how much ammo you can carry. Mid cap or low cap magazines are required, Most players carry around 7 magazines and speed loader and extra bbs. I generally carry an additional 4000 rds with me, but the most I have used in any evolution is about 2500 rds. We don't have a minimum engagement but we do restrict indoor shooting to semi only. I recommend a side arm for when clearing a building but this is not required. I would strongly advise that you have backup gun as we often have breakdowns. Please make sure that you primary and backup meet chrono requirements. We have had some disappointed players when their new rifles could not meet chrono requirements.

As for camping. I would recommend a tent and sleeping bag or group up with someone to share a tent. The is no campfires allowed but camp stoves are. Bring what ever you feel you will need to keep moving for the 3 days. bring plenty of water and Gatorade. You will be able to go and get additional supplies at night so if you forget something you should be able to get it locally.
"Ferret"
OLCMSS SoCal Chrono Marshal
LCXI, LCXII, LCXIII,
WOA2,3, RS3
2x 2nd ID Korea
EIB