Bulldog Prep

Operation Bulldog Forum for announcements for and discussing Best of USA Marketing's Operation Bulldog
Pope
captain

Re: Bulldog Prep

Post by Pope » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Permethrin!

Bugs are ferocious in Texas! mosquitoes, ants, chiggers, spiders, scorpions, etc.... Ft Hood is a wild place. For those of you unfamiliar with Permethrin - Bulldog may be your testing ground. It is an extremely effective insecticide. The US and British Armies treat all uniforms with Permethrin before issue. It can be found commercially at Academy, WalMart, Bass Pro and other sporting goods stores.

I recommend you treat your clothing with Permethrin spray at least a week prior to Bulldog. Don't forget your boots and socks (learn from my mistakes).
For those of you camping - I also recommend sparying down your tent and bedding. Again - at least a week before use.

DO NOT spray Permethrin onto your skin directly. Read the instructions carefully. It can cause skin reactions when directly applied. You will need to apply it in a well ventilated area (the smell is unpleasant) with plenty of time to dry.
Pope OLCMSS Chief of Staff

OP Bulldog IX (CoS)
OP Irene XIII (PL)
OP Homeland
OP Bulldog VIII (CoS)
OP Irene XII (CoS)
OP Irene XI
OP Bulldog VII (CoS)
OP Irene X
OP Southern Comfort
OP Irene IX

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

thepihro
soldier

Post by thepihro » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:35 pm

I have a couple questions pertaining to the Fort Hood camping and equipment.

1. Can we camp at the AO ft hood, more specifically TA50 ( 31.2272921905, -97.7908420406) ? I don't plan on bringing a tent but I sleep comfortably in my car. Which means I need a POV pass.

2. If my HPA regulator requires an allen wrench to adjust is that considered a Tourney lock, or should I get a piece of PVC pipe to cover the allen wrench end, sequred by zip tie. I have two plamer's pursuit shop Stabilizer. I will be running two regulators off one tank (it is as convoluted as it sounds), 1 for p* (60-90 psi) and 1 (120 psi) for side arm (HPA converted M11a1)

3. I see mentioned in the ruleset grenade rules that talk about bb throwing grenades. As such the bbs must hit the player. I assume this means thunder bs are considered non killing distraction devices.

4. For the Marine Chow, is payment cash only?

5. I have a baofeng uv5r, anyone have a Chirp config pre built for this? If not as soon as the frequencies are released I can create one.

I apologize if I put this in the wrong thread. Seemed the most appropriate place.

PS My username is miss-typed by me if your are wondering, should be "the Pi Rho"

Dark Paladin
sergeant

Post by Dark Paladin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:58 pm

thepihro wrote:1. Can we camp at the AO ft hood, more specifically TA50 ( 31.2272921905, -97.7908420406) ? I don't plan on bringing a tent but I sleep comfortably in my car. Which means I need a POV pass.
Yes. And yes you need a POV pass. Please email John ASAP @ jlu@olcmss.com
thepihro wrote:3. I see mentioned in the ruleset grenade rules that talk about bb throwing grenades. As such the bbs must hit the player. I assume this means thunder bs are considered non killing distraction devices.
Yes, Thunder Bs are distraction devices.
thepihro wrote:4. For the Marine Chow, is payment cash only?
Yes.

Hope that helps!
Its not about how many people I have killed, it is about how I get along with people that are still alive.

Return to “Bulldog - Military Simulation War Game Exercise with Airsoft weapons”