SPORTSMANSHIP....2013

Operation Bulldog Forum for announcements for and discussing Best of USA Marketing's Operation Bulldog
Pope
captain

SPORTSMANSHIP....2013

Post by Pope » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Reposting Clinkman's Notice....

Sportsmanship must be strictly observed. Airsoft is about HONOR. Please Call YOUR OWN hits!

**No Need To Call Others Out: Again, this is the HONOR system. DO NOT BOTHER TO CALL OTHERS OUT. JUST MIND YOUR OWN HITS. If there is a problem with others calling their hits, please notify staff or chain of command to notify staff, we will take care of it.

1. Observe and Respect ranks: This is a Military Simulation, not an ego contest! Observe and respect all ranks such as Squad Leader (SGT.), 1st Sgt., (1SG), Platoon Leader (LT.), Executive Officer (XO), and of course, your CO.

2. Re-Engagement: When re-engaging from REGEN, display general courtesy by not firing in the back of enemy who may be in your re-engagement path. Go around. ABSOLUTELY NO regen camping (waiting for others to regen at a particular point and shooing them as they step back into the game. This is considered unsportsmanlike conduct and penalties will apply.

A. Weapon safety regulation strictly enforced. Contestant(s) caught cheating by turning up the FPS will be ejected from the game without refund.

1. Contestant(s) causing bodily harm to other Contestants will be handled by local law enforcement officers.

2. A Sniper must carry a Sniper Rifle and a sidearm (or spare AEG meeting Rifleman requirements OK). ONLY PRE-Approved weapons meeting the criteria set for sniper weapons in the Core Rules Set will be allowed as a Sniper Rifle. Sniper rifles must be fielded by pre-approved players for the role of sniper, and weapons used must be pre-approved as well. Anyone caught violating this rule will be asked to leave the OP immediately.

3. Contestants caught stealing will be handled by local law enforcement officers.

B. Safety first: Please make sure that your GOGGLES are on prior to entering the AO. Goggle rules strictly enforced! MESH (no matter what kind of mesh) OR WIRE METAL MESH GOGGLES ARE NOT ALLOWED in this AO! Full seal goggles ONLY, NO shooting glasses! If you do not come with full seal approved goggles, you will NOT play.

C. Injured Contestant(s) or teammate must alert his/her Squad Leader at once if he/she needs to be removed from the combat zone by production staff. There will be certified medical personnel on site for the event. They are there to help, don’t try to go it alone or “shake it off”.

D. Scenario Points: There are NO points for objectives. Each multi-task scenario will offer several opportunities for each side to complete objectives based on mission accomplishments. Completed objectives per scenario will be credited. The side with the most completed objectives overall will come out on top in the event. In addition, there may be dynamic side objectives that credits may be rewarded for that may not be known before the start of missions (i.e. “insurgent” mortar crew capture, HVT captures, bomb making factories secured, etc….). If it looks “suspicious” it could be in your Company’s best interests to investigate it… Additional missions may be given to CO’s or command elements just before, or even during scenarios. Credits may be subtracted for violations of rules, sportsmanship, or conduct during the event, or negative mission elements (such as “killing” civilians).
Pope OLCMSS Chief of Staff

OP Bulldog IX (CoS)
OP Irene XIII (PL)
OP Homeland
OP Bulldog VIII (CoS)
OP Irene XII (CoS)
OP Irene XI
OP Bulldog VII (CoS)
OP Irene X
OP Southern Comfort
OP Irene IX

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Dark Paladin
sergeant

Re: SPORTSMANSHIP....2013

Post by Dark Paladin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:38 am

Just want to expand a bit on "C". . .

If you see your squadmate having a PTSD attack, that counts as an injury and you need to contact game control ASAP. It has happened at OPBD before, and we all need to make sure that we take care of our veterans/teammates.
Its not about how many people I have killed, it is about how I get along with people that are still alive.

Pope
captain

Post by Pope » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:01 am

Extremely good point Dark Paladin. One of my teammates has PTSD and we have all learned what to look for and what may cause an issue. But everyone is different, reacts differently and copes differently. Keep your head on a swivel and check on teammates if you see anything out of the norm.

On that note - there will be "sound canons" going off regularly. That can rattle a cage or two.
Pope OLCMSS Chief of Staff

OP Bulldog IX (CoS)
OP Irene XIII (PL)
OP Homeland
OP Bulldog VIII (CoS)
OP Irene XII (CoS)
OP Irene XI
OP Bulldog VII (CoS)
OP Irene X
OP Southern Comfort
OP Irene IX

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

commander06
soldier

Post by commander06 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Pope wrote:Extremely good point Dark Paladin. One of my teammates has PTSD and we have all learned what to look for and what may cause an issue. But everyone is different, reacts differently and copes differently. Keep your head on a swivel and check on teammates if you see anything out of the norm.

On that note - there will be "sound canons" going off regularly. That can rattle a cage or two.
As a side note I happen to be an Ordained Minister and a veteran with PTSD. I also council veterans and active duty service members with PTSD regularly. I will be available and on hand to lend a hand if needed.
Proud Veteran
Commander 1stSFAOC/ Founder
Sr. Chaplain

Return to “Bulldog - Military Simulation War Game Exercise with Airsoft weapons”