Launchers, Shotguns, and Rifles

DerFrownmacher
soldier

Launchers, Shotguns, and Rifles

Post by DerFrownmacher »

Sorry for the ultra-vague thread title, but basically this is a long series of questions that I was hoping LC vets and staff could answer.

I'm in the process of registering as heavy-weapons for the Freedom Fighters, but since my current Grenadier setup (AUG A-3 with M203 SOCOM) doesn't exactly scream 'rag tag rebel army' I was looking to get something more appropriate. I know both the M79 and HK69 are incredibly prolific (M79 moreso) standalone launchers that can be found floating around third world countries (and both are infinitely more common than the AK-mounted GP25). Would either of these be acceptable as a Freedom Fighters weapon?

I haven't seen any rules on shotguns, so I'm going to assume they just follow the same velocity limits, and that both gas and spring versions are allowed (correct me if I'm wrong, that's the point of this thread). I know it's permissable to have a backup AEG, but could someone use a shotgun as a backup? I could swear there's a few M500's floating around in African militias...

Also, I know many African nations have fighters who are most certainly NOT 'snipers' using bolt-action weapons, simply because it's the best they have available (some use weapons as old as the K98K). As long as it doesn't top the standard velocity limit, can rifleman or heavy weapons have a bolt action rifle?

Obviously I would not be fielding all of these things simultaneously, I'm just trying to get a feel for what will and will not work with the Operation and Freedom Fighter motif.

Also, random question, could I have camo pants that matched a camo boonie (both are Multicam)? With airfare, motels, and the entrance fee the last thing I need is to buy another goddamn hat...

Thanks for your help.

clinkman
soldier

Re: Launchers, Shotguns, and Rifles

Post by clinkman »

DerFrownmacher wrote:Sorry for the ultra-vague thread title, but basically this is a long series of questions that I was hoping LC vets and staff could answer.

I'm in the process of registering as heavy-weapons for the Freedom Fighters, but since my current Grenadier setup (AUG A-3 with M203 SOCOM) doesn't exactly scream 'rag tag rebel army' I was looking to get something more appropriate. I know both the M79 and HK69 are incredibly prolific (M79 moreso) standalone launchers that can be found floating around third world countries (and both are infinitely more common than the AK-mounted GP25). Would either of these be acceptable as a Freedom Fighters weapon?

I haven't seen any rules on shotguns, so I'm going to assume they just follow the same velocity limits, and that both gas and spring versions are allowed (correct me if I'm wrong, that's the point of this thread). I know it's permissable to have a backup AEG, but could someone use a shotgun as a backup? I could swear there's a few M500's floating around in African militias...

Also, I know many African nations have fighters who are most certainly NOT 'snipers' using bolt-action weapons, simply because it's the best they have available (some use weapons as old as the K98K). As long as it doesn't top the standard velocity limit, can rifleman or heavy weapons have a bolt action rifle?

Obviously I would not be fielding all of these things simultaneously, I'm just trying to get a feel for what will and will not work with the Operation and Freedom Fighter motif.

Also, random question, could I have camo pants that matched a camo boonie (both are Multicam)? With airfare, motels, and the entrance fee the last thing I need is to buy another goddamn hat...

Thanks for your help.
The launchers you mentioned would be allowed for FF.

Shotgun rules are currently under review and will be posted soon.

Bolt action rifles would be allowed as a primary as long as they follow the "rifleman" class FPS limits.

The boonie that matches the pants would be allowed, but please make a good effort to take attention away from the match by what you do between the top and bottom, please. :) We don't want to see any Multi-cool...er, I mean Gucci-cam....er...I mean Airsoftpat warriors in full loadouts running around on the FF side :lol:
Chuck

Kamikaze
soldier

Post by Kamikaze »

In NC we use Multicam as a tan color. This may cause some confusion if it appears on FF forces. I think John has said "no multicam at all" in the past few Irenes. We weren't even allowed to where our MC tactical caps last year.
Op: Irene II-X - Vet - Charlie Company/TFR

DerFrownmacher
soldier

Post by DerFrownmacher »

MC just happens to be the camo that came to mind. I could use my Flecktarn or Woodland if it was an issue...

Thanks for the help on the launchers. After finding the wood M79 to be out of stock just about everywhere (if you could point me to one under $350, I'd be grateful), I have a couple more questions.

Would the M72 be an acceptable launcher? We dump hundreds of those in just about every country NATO goes to...even unused ones.

And would a non-Smokey's/Unicorn replica RPG (I know the custom blueprint submission rules) be ok? Both of the super-realistic airsoft versions are unable to fire rockets, just bb showers. I have access to a 'home-made' replica, the only 'real' part missing is the rear exhaust cone (which also makes it about a foot shorter, but its still large enough that you can't turn around with it out in a hallway). I'll send pics to Lu if/when I acquire it, I just wanted to know what other vets/staff think...

flamingo ninja
soldier

Post by flamingo ninja »

DerFrownmacher wrote: Would the M72 be an acceptable launcher? We dump hundreds of those in just about every country NATO goes to...even unused ones.
Your not limited on your weapons, just gear and accessories.

clinkman
soldier

Post by clinkman »

Actually, weapons ARE limited in certain categories...

Please read the "Core Rules Set" post for details on each, there are restrictions on models, types, and power sources.

The M72 would be allowed as a launcher, the custom RPG I would need to see before hand ( email me photos and a description of how it works to clinkman@nctc.com ). Anything custom like that would be approved only on a conditional basis that it would be brought to the event and tested for staff on Friday before (Chrono area) before final approval for use would be granted.

Flectarn or woodland would be better if you have it.
Chuck

clinkman
soldier

Post by clinkman »

Shotgun rules have been added and ROE and Core Rules Set amended to reflect changes, please see those threads for details on shotgun use.
Chuck

DerFrownmacher
soldier

Post by DerFrownmacher »

"3.9 Using M203's, shotguns, (though NOT LAWs) with BBs only (as designed) is fine, and can be shot at players, and can be used inside buildings."

Excellent. Thanks a lot, I'm sure a few shotgun fans will be happy about this...

Do the larger 'AEPs' (Mp7a1, Mac10, and Scorpion) count as 'pistols' for the purpose of the CQB/tunnel rat rule (when fired on semi)? Even heavily upgraded they won't shoot more than 330. I'm sorry if this has already been defined elsewhere in the rules.

clinkman
soldier

Post by clinkman »

DF,

No, those do not qualify as side-arms or pistols. M203 shots should be avoided indoors.
Chuck